WHITE HOUSE REWRITES SUSAN RICE'S LATEST SUNDAY SHOW DEBACLE
According to an email from Fox News White House correspondent Ed Henry on Greta Van Susteren's website, the White House is attempting to rewrite the falsehoods spewed by National Security Adviser Susan Rice (she is only reading the scripts provided) on Sunday's This Week. During an interview on the ABC show, Rice told host George Stephanopolous and America that Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl had served in Afghanistan with "honor and distinction."
The truth is that numerous members of Bergdahl's platoon claim he deserted his post and a military investigation appears to back them up. Rice also claimed that Bergdahl had been "captured on the battlefield" and "taken in battle" when all the evidence points to Bergdahl being captured by the Taliban after he deserted.This of course is the second time Rice has been caught using the platform of the Sunday shows to spread a false White House narrative. In 2012, she became infamous for hitting all 5 shows to lie about a YouTube being responsible for a terrorist attack that resulted in four dead Americans at our consulate in Benghazi.
Hoping to clean this latest mess up, the White House told Henry that Rice didn't mean what she said. What she meant wasn't the words that came out of her mouth, what she meant was…
“She was referring to the fact that he was over there as a U.S. soldier, volunteered for service, and remember has just endured five years of brutal captivity; she wasn’t necessarily trying to characterize the circumstances of his capture which she said we’d have to learn more about; and let’s not get ahead of the facts that we don’t know yet, we haven’t heard his side of the story yet.”
|... THAT INCLUDES MY ADMINISTRATION, ESPECIALLY SUSAN RICE.|